COMMUNITY MANAGER: ASPEN
HireMeAspen.com is the recently launched (July 2010) flagship website of the Sharing Profiles group. The website helps resort-town locals get connected for work. Workers can post a profile in a multitude of job categories for a minimal charge to get hired, while hirers can find a worker for free. Gold partners generate awareness and promote their services via our business profiles. All partners demonstrate their support of hard-working locals via discount offers to subscribers.
Sharing Profiles is growing with launches planned in Vail (HireMeVail.com) and Steamboat (HireMeSteamboat.com) for Q1 2011. We are a passionate, fun and nimble company dedicated to success. We are excited to share lots of real-world online media experience with the chosen internship candidate, helping to advance your education / career in new media.
The HireMeAspen Community Manager is the local representative for HireMeAspen.com. The ideal candidate is a fun, energetic and professional local who loves to mix and mingle and is well-connected in the community. The community manager is interested in being part of a growing internet startup. You can anticipate measurable goals and tasks that need to be completed on a weekly basis. This position will provide support to the founder, helping to grow the business and increase revenue by gorilla marketing efforts and further develop the online community. Hours are flexible, but general expectations are 20-30 hours per week; benefits are not included.
- Assist with marketing, advertising, and promotion of website locally to generate interest and build the HireMeAspen community
- Sales of individual and business profiles
- Content creation (blogs of HireMeAspen.com and Resort Pix/Aspen)
- Partner Program Development (explore traffic-driving opportunities, ad swaps, promotions with local business partners)
- Social Media Planning and Administration (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, MeetUp, LinkedIn)
- Manage Jobs feed
- Email Campaigns using MailChimp
- Facilitate market research / surveys
Community Manager Qualifications:
An ideal candidate will have a love of their community, be well-connected with locals and businesses alike and able to demonstrate the following:
- Solid work ethic with track record of demonstrating initiative
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and think on your feet
- Superior social networking skills
- Creativity and innovation not only required, but highly treasured and respected
- Superior communication skills
- Knowledge of Ruby or Ruby on Rails preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Project Management Software Basecamp preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of MailChimp Software preferred, but not required
Community Manager Application Instructions
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “HireMeAspen Community Manager” in the subject line of your email.
We look forward to hearing from you!