WINTER INTERNSHIP POSITION
HireMeAspen.com is the recently launched (July 2010) flagship website of the Sharing Profiles group. The website helps resort-town locals get connected for work. Workers can post a profile in a multitude of job categories for a minimal charge to get hired, while hirers can find a worker for free. Gold partners generate awareness and promote their services via our business profiles. All partners demonstrate their support of hard-working locals via discount offers to subscribers.
Sharing Profiles is growing with launches planned in Vail (HireMeVail.com) and Steamboat (HireMeSteamboat.com) for Q1 2011. We are a passionate, fun and nimble company dedicated to success. We are excited to share lots of real-world online media experience with the chosen internship candidate, helping to advance your education / career in new media.
The HireMeAspen Internship Program is designed to give students hands-on experience in an internet startup. Although this work-from-anywhere position offers flexibility, the intern can anticipate measurable goals and tasks that need to be completed on a weekly basis. This unpaid position will provide support to both the founder and web developer…helping to grow the business and increase revenue, maintain the website, and further develop the online community. The intern’s level of responsibility will be determined by the candidate’s knowledge and initiative. Hours are flexible depending upon the student’s schedule, but general expectations are 15-30 hours per week; benefits are not included.
- Assist with marketing, advertising, and promotion of website
- Website maintenance
- Content creation (blogs, website)
- Partner Program Development (explore traffic-driving opportunities, ad swaps, promotions with local business partners)
- Social Media Planning and Administration (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, MeetUp, LinkedIn)
- Manage Jobs feed
- Email Campaigns using MailChimp
- Facilitating market research / surveys
An ideal candidate will have a Major or Minor in Media, Marketing, or Communications, is currently enrolled as a Junior, Senior or MBA (or recently graduated), and able to demonstrate the following:
- Solid work ethic with track record of demonstrating initiative
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and think on your feet
- Creativity and innovation not only required, but highly treasured and respected
- Superior communication skills
- Knowledge of Ruby or Ruby on Rails preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Project Management Software Basecamp preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of MailChimp Software preferred, but not required
Internship Application Instructions
Please send your cover letter, resume and any inquiries to email@example.com. Please include “HireMeAspen Internship” in the subject line of your email.
We look forward to hearing from you!